Thursday, January 27, 2011

Crafty Ideas That Are Frugal and Fun (Plus 2 Free Issues to Family Circle)


Yesterday we got hit with about nine inches of snow so I was "stuck" inside for part of the day with my pre-schooler. I love days like these because it gives us lots of time to do crafts that would otherwise probably never get done on a day to day basis.

When I get a magazine that contains children's crafts or neat recipes for kids, I tear out the pages and organize them into a notebook by recipes, craft idea and what type of craft makings we would need. This way I'm no thanging on to tons and tons of magazines but only the relevant pages.

There are lots of Free Magazines out there, so I don't pay for any of them. Right now you can sign up for Two Free Issues of Family Circle and start your own notebook!!

Yesterday I knew I wanted a project with popsicle sticks and paint, so I went to my trusty notebook and found animal bookmarks. I think they turned out great and we had everything on hand.

For this project you need 6 popsicle sticks (we used craft sticks, but if you have popsicles - eat them and then wash the sticks!!), paints (we used washable crayola paints), colored cardstock, googly eyes and assorted pom-poms, stickers, etc.

We simply cut circles, ears, etc. and made faces, painted the popsicle sticks (let dry), and then glued them on! Simple and loads of fun!! I think the ladybug would make a great Valentine's Day gift for grandmothers!!

0 comments: