Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Thoughts on Rite Aid & Posting Deals

We have a Rite Aid close by and while initially I chose to shop and roll the deals only at CVS in an effort to not make myself coupon crazy, I'm finding that making the deals doesn't take nearly as long as it used to and that I could probably sneak some Rite Aid transactions in during the week also.

However, I have several grievances with Rite Aid.

First off, they rarely seem to have the products in stock that are on sale. Maybe it's because I'm not there at the crack of dawn waiting for the doors to open, but I don't think that's the case.

Second, I'm not big on the Single Check Rebate Program (SCR). I don't like putting out money and then going online and entering the receipts and then waiting for a check in the mail. While I realize some take there money from the month and purchase a gift card to do the next month's shopping with and then start over, this was very unappealing to me. I want to spend the least amount out of pocket as possible.

Third, our Rite Aid cashier's aren't overly friendly and the first time I tried to do a two transaction deal, you would have thought I shot her.

Fourth, they don't abide by their coupon policy. They refused to accept a coupon for a product that was priced less than the coupon amount. I even told them and asked them to adjust the coupon down. It wasn't like I was trying to sneak it by them. They refused even though their coupon policy says they will take it. The manager wouldn't even come out to speak with me.

Fifth, the new program +UP Rewards, I really like, but when something doesn't print you have to call the Rite Aid line and then wait weeks for the coupon to arrive by snail mail. At my particular Rite Aid I was accused of already purchasing my limit of the item from another store and trying to gain more +UP rewards. Not only would I NEVER do this, but I had not shopped at a Rite Aid in over a month!

The outcome of all of this is that I find myself a bit nervous going in to shop there. I'm an honest couponer and sometimes I don't even stack or use multiple coupons, I try to find other deals, if I feel like it could somehow be construed as unfair even if I'm abiding by the coupon policy.

I did do a transaction last week and everything went smoothly, so I'll be trying a few more. I'll try to start posting the best of the Rite Aid deals each week pertaining to the +UP Rewards program since I don't shop the SCRs.

I realize that this may only be happening in my particular Rite Aid store, and I would love to know what your experiences with Rite Aid are like.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

I am trying the SCB. I goofed and requested my check before I was done shopping so I called the customer service number and they were very nice and told me that I could still get the rebate but I would have to submit it by fax or by snail mail. Well I tried to fax it and I couldn't get it to go through so I called back and they told me to submit it online and then call them to have it processed manually for an additional check. Of course I haven't received anything yet but I stocked up on cold meds for my family which should be free once I receive my check. I will have to let you know.

Tiffany @ Young and Frugal in Virginia said...

I don't really care to shop at Rite Either b/c of their SCR program and I never see any great deals there. I find that I get better deals at CVS and Target!