Sunday, January 4, 2009

Come CVSing with Me - #2

Last week I decided to see if anyone was interested in shopping at CVS with me. You can read about it here. In that post I gave an idea for a transaction that cost a $1.49 (plus tax) to get you started and earned $2.00 in ECBs. As promised, here is my idea on how to use your $2.00 in ECBs this week to your advantage. (Don't forget to have the cashier scan your Extra Care card.)

Here are 2 different ideas, so you can choose what you most need or would benefit from:

Buy 1 Garnier Fructis Shampoo, Conditioner or Styler for $2.99
Use $1.00 MQ from this week's paper
Use $2.00 in ECBs from last week
Final price = FREE
Earn $2.00 ECBs for next week

~or~

Buy 2 Colgate Total 6 oz. for $5.00
Use 2 $1.50 off coupon found here (same as last week)
Use $2.00 in ECBs from last weekFinal price = FREE
Earn $2.00 ECBs for next week

Also worth mentioning is a Freebie at CVS. You won't need to use ECBs and you won't gain any. If you picked up this Sunday's paper, there should have been a MQ for $30.00 off the One Touch Ultra Smart diabetes meter. They are on sale this week at CVS for $29.99. Simply pick one up, and use the coupon for a free meter. If you don't need one, consider giving it to someone who does, or donate to a hospital or other similar place.


Another worth mentioning freebie(s) is by going here, clicking on the Balt Edition, finding page 14 by using the top menu bar, coupon will load to the left, click it to enlarge and look for the print button (thanks to The "Cent"isible Sawyer). This is a $3.00 off any CVS brand purchase. They have lots of beauty prodcts as well as juices, snacks etc., that you could score for free either in a separate transaction or lump it all together with the above scenarios.My transaction this week is the following so far - I used no ECBs and gained none with this deal, but you can't beat free. I purchased the following:




One Touch Ultra Smart meter - $29.99
5 - $1.00 various cookies and treats (nice to have on hand for company or little ones)

I used the $30.00 off MQ mentioned above and I had a $5.00 off $25.00 purchase in my email good through today. I also had to purchase a candy bar for $0.50 (not shown - I wonder why?!) and my total was a grand $0.12!! I may do another transaction later this week, but didn't have enough time to work a deal this morning when I had time to get there.

Don't forget to always check your email for something good from CVS and if you haven't already and have been CVSing for a while, the last quarter ECBs earnings (on your individual spending)are now printing. If you scan your card, you may have some more ECBs ready to use.

Last week I mentioned a transaction I would be doing for cents so I wanted to list it here. Keep in mind this was last week's transaction, so this won't work this week.


I purchased the following:


2 Pantenes for $7.00
1 Schick Intuition Razor
1 Colgate Total Advanced Toothpaste


I used the following:

$3.00 off 2 Pantene MQ
$2.00 off Razor MQ
$1.50 off Colgate printable
$3.00 off $15.00


Paid with $9.29 ECBs for a total of $0.42 OOP and earned back $9.00 ECBs!

0 comments: