Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Saving Time - Subscribe to a Blog Reader

We all talk about saving money. But what about other areas of our lives that could use a little bit of savings? One big area that I need to work on is time management. It seems as if there is never enough time in the day to get everything done. So today, I thought it would be neat to discuss a time saver.

If you're like me then you may read multiple blogs. I follow many adoption blogs, as we just completed our adoption of a little boy from Russia almost six months ago. I also follow many blogs about living frugally. In the beginning I would visit a blog and add it to my favorites. I found myself going to my favorites every day and clicking every blog to see if there was a new entry. It was taking forever to visit the blogs I enjoyed.

A good friend of mine Becky (who recently also completed her adoption) emailed me one day with a life saver - she introduced me to a blog reader. It's easy to set up and then each day I log in and the reader tells me by putting in bold the blogs which have new entries. This means that I only hit the blogs that have posts I have not read yet, therefore saving me quite a bit of time on the computer.

Setting up a reader is easy. There are many to choose from. With the reader I have chosen, you simply sign up, then begin adding subscriptions (blog addresses). You can manage them and sort them any way you want. When there is a new entry it comes up in bold, you click on it and brings up the new entry. You can read it from there, or click to go the site itself. Once read you can click that it's been read and the title of the blog goes back to regular font until the next entry is placed.

It's an easy time saver!

0 comments: