Tuesday, August 5, 2008

From Full Time to Part Time

Many of you who read this blog know that we just adopted a little boy from Russia in April. We started really looking at our finances upon our return home as we had to adjust our budget to include things like diapers, child care, medical bills, etc. I started really looking into ways to cut back and discovered that there are tons of blogs out there about living frugally, using coupons and saving money. I was inspired to start this blog to share the information with others as well.

My husband and I finally came to the conclusion that I would stop working full time and move into a part time position with the law firm I work for. Thankfully the firm agreed on my request and in the middle of August I will start a three day, shorter hours work week. This allows me more time to spend with our son which is very important to us as a family. I am so excited!!

Of course with this change brings less babysitting and gas costs, but a lower paycheck. I'll be searching even harder for the best deals, learning more about the art of using coupons to my advantage, and living more frugally in general. I look forward to sharing what works and what doesn't in the future with my readers.

I hope you enjoy this blog as I hope to make it more than just a list of freebies here and there, but full of Articles and information that will be valuable to me and hopefully you, the readers out there.

Stay tuned for a list of freebies coming up to hold you over until I can really get this site going!

0 comments: