Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Guest Post: Flower Arrangements on a Dime

This is a guest post from my mother, Annette. She's extremely talented in art and one of my favorite things she does is paint pet portraits. They always turn out fantastic and she really captures the personality of your pet. If you're interested in a pet portrait, let me know and I'll get you in touch with her. Aside from pet portraits, she loves beading, quilting, sewing, and her latest - making floral arrangements for my little sister's upcoming wedding.
In order to make the arrangement:

First: Select your bases, greenery and flowers.
I selected 2 plastic saucers (purchased from a yard sale), 2 tuna cans, 2 unused candles in glass (highly recommend candles in glass for near silk flowers, these were also purchased from a yard sale), foam, florist tape, and glue gun.


Second: Hot glue the tuna cans to center of the saucers, cut pieces of foam and glue to plates, use the florist tape from cans to underside plates going over tops of foam pieces, then place candles in the tuna cans centered. All should be sturdy, not sparing on the hot glue.


Third: Place longest pieces greenery in flair out to sides (depending on ultimate shape you need.) Fill in with greenery and flowers where you visualize them. Then turn all over and fill in areas that could show. Lastly, I put veiling in to fluff and because this is for a wedding.


If you have an idea or have made something on a dime, contact me to be featured as a Guest Post writer on my blog!

3 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Hi Rachel's Mommy!!! Love the idea! I'm a horrible decorator and love the quick and easy ideas! :-) Give Rachel a hug from me! :-)

FindSavings said...

I love how you give a detailed step by step "how to" and let us know where you got everything. My mother-in-law made all of our centerpieces and showed me just how easy it can be. I think your step by step approach is a bit easier to remember and it definitely simplified the process. Thanks for sharing. Great idea for any occasion or just to have on your table during the holidays. Can rotate colors in and out. Maybe even a good gift idea.

Bangalore Flowers said...

I think you’re doing a fantastic job. I appreciate your article. Thank you very much for provide good information.