Friday, July 3, 2009

The Joys of Yard Saling!

Yard Sales are becoming more and more popular with the economy downturn. I believe more people are selling and shopping than ever before. I use the following criteria before I yard sale:

1. Take a set amount of money. This way you don't overspend or pay too much for an item.

2. Make a list of things you need or want and stick to it. This keeps you from making impulsive purchases. While you may be at a yard sale, you can still buy impulsively.

3. Make a good deal. Most time I don't wheel and deal since items are priced low to begin with. However, occassionally I have been known to offer less on an item. Especially if it's the end of the day and the people are willing to deal to get the stuff gone.

Just look what we got for $15.00 at a yard sale last weekend!!! (Child not included! We added him once home!)
Happy Sale-ing!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome Purchase! It would have been a lot more if that cutie was included. I love yard sales. My best buy was about 2 years ago; I got 2 twin beds, 2 dressers, 2 night stands, a book case and desk for $85. When Kiwi graduates to a bed PPAL and Kiwi will be sleeping in matching twin beds. The furniture is white with an oak trim. LOVE IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are the master.

Li